If you are looking for essential ingredients that you should always have in your kitchen then you have come to the right place. The article below shows you the ingredients you need to buy in order to have an organised kitchen.
- Salt– this is a seasoning that you should always have in your kitchen. It adds a lot of flavour to your food and you can add it to almost anything when you are cooking. Some of the salts that you can stock up in your house include table salt and kosher salt.
- Pepper– this is an ingredient which you should always have in your kitchen. This is because some recipes will require you to use a combination of salt and pepper. Always have freshly ground pepper in your kitchen.
- Cinnamon and ginger– these are ingredients that you should always have in your kitchen. They add a lot of flavour to stews and soups and sometimes they can be added when you are baking.
- Smoked paprika and cumin– these are great spices which you should always have in your kitchen.
- Chilli powder or cayenne pepper– you can buy any of the 2 they help to make your food really spicy and delicious.
- Dried basil- you need to always have dried basil in your kitchen but if you can get the fresh basil it’s still okay although it tends to go bad fast.
- Oregano– dried oregano is the way to go if you want to add flavour to your food.
- Dried parsley– you can get yourself dried parsley from your local grocery store.
- Rice– this is an ingredient which you should always have in your house. You can cook it for lunch or dinner. There are so many varieties of rice and some of the types of rice you can always keep in your kitchen are jasmine rice, basmati rice and also brown rice if you want a healthier option.
- Pasta– this is an important ingredient which you should always have in your kitchen. It’s easy to cook so you can always use it to make a quick dinner.
- Beans– always have dried beans in your pantry as these can come handy when you haven’t done your grocery shopping. There are so many varieties of beans that you can choose from.
- Potatoes– this is a perishable food item but you should always have it in your kitchen. You can keep potatoes in an area where there is ventilation so that they can last for a longer period of time.
- Baking powder or baking soda– these are essential ingredients which you should always have in your kitchen, this is because most recipes call for either baking powder or baking soda when you are baking.
- All-purpose flour– always have this ingredient in your kitchen because when baking you will always need to have flour. All-purpose flour works well when baking almost anything.
- Granulated sugar– this is an important ingredient which you should always have in your kitchen. This is because it helps to add flavour to your food.
- Shortening– you should always have shortening in your kitchen because there are a lot of baking recipes that require shortening.
- Yeast– this is an essential ingredient that you need to always have in your kitchen. It acts as a raising agent when you are baking.
- Stock– you should always have chicken, beef or vegetable stock in your house. Its commonly used when making soups or gravies
- Canned tomatoes– this is one of the most important ingredients you should always have in your kitchen. This is because you can use canned tomatoes when making a number of dishes. Canned tomatoes can last you for more than 9 months in your pantry but once opened you should use them up.
- Tomato paste– you can also buy tomato paste and keep it in your pantry. It really comes in handy when you do not have tomatoes in your house.
- Canned beans- you should always keep a can of beans in your kitchen whether its white, black or kidney beans.
- Vinegar– this is an essential ingredient which you should always keep in your kitchen. There are so many types of vinegars and if you can find them all then that is fine but if you can’t you can buy the basics like white vinegar, apple cider vinegar or any wine vinegar.
- Vegetable oil– when cooking you obviously need oil and you can use vegetable oil. You can choose any type of vegetable oil that works well for you.
- Olive oil– this is one of the ingredients that you should always have in your kitchen. Olive oil can be used when frying or sautéing any type of food.
NB: these are ingredients that you should always have in your kitchen but they should always be stored in the refrigerator so that they do not turn bad.
- Eggs– this is an ingredient you should always have in your pantry. Eggs can be used when making breakfast and you can also use them when baking. They should always be stored on cool temperatures so that they do not turn bad.
- Butter or margarine– you should always store butter in your kitchen it will help you when you are cooking different things.
- Milk– you should always store milk in your kitchen whether it’s dairy milk or a plant based type of milk. It will always come in handy.
- Orange juice– you should always have orange choose in your fridge. You can serve it any time of the day.
- Ground beef– you should always have this ingredient in your kitchen if you are a meat lover. You can serve ground beef with almost anything.
- Frozen spinach– this is also another vegetable you should keep on your kitchen you can make a great meal with spinach.
- Frozen peas– this is an important ingredient that you should always have in the kitchen you can incorporate it into your stews.
Other essential ingredients
- Onions– you need to keep onions in your kitchen, they will help you when making different recipes. Onions should be stored in a dry environment so that they can last for a longer period of time.