There are a number of ways you can reheat a turkey burger. You can toss it in the microwave, oven, a toaster, or even manually disassemble the parts and heat the turkey burger on the stovetop. Below is a description of the various ways you can warm up a turkey burger.
The Toaster Oven Method
One of the most effective ways to reheat a turkey burger is in the toaster oven. A toaster oven is not only effective but it is also a quick and simple method. A turkey burger patty tends to reheat pretty well in the toaster oven. If you are a pro with the toaster oven, using this method to reheat your turkey burger will be one of your best options. Simply Follow these steps.
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If your turkey burger patties are room temperature, they will warm up quickly,
- Place the turkey burgers on a metal rack in the toaster oven and place a baking sheet underneath to collect any excess fat that may drip,
- Heat up the turkey burger patties for about three to four minutes,
- Turn the turkey burger patties and heat for an additional two minutes. You can increase the amount of time to warm up your burger patties. The time it takes for your patties to heat up will depend on the thickness of the patty.
- For a nice toasty bun you can add the burger buns to the toaster oven after you are done with the patties.
The Microwave Method
Another effective way to reheat a turkey burger is the microwave. When reheating a burger patty in the microwave you should not just toss it the oven and leave. While that might work for certain meals, it will not produce undesirable turkey burgers. However, Using the microwave to reheat your turkey burger isn’t a great choice, but it can be used if you have no available oven at home. The problem with the microwave is that, it can make your buns soggy and make your meat rubbery. The best way to reheat a turkey burger in the microwave is by placing a glass with water inside the microwave to provide moisture for the patty and the bun. This trick also works for pizza, chicken, and sandwiches. Follow these steps to reheat your turkey burger in the microwave.
- Place your leftover turkey burger on a microwave-safe plate or dish,
- Use the reheat setting to warm your burger for about two to four minutes, depending on the microwave.
- Turn the burger at the halfway point so that it heats up heat evenly.
- Check to see if your patty is warm enough, if not, reheat for another 30-60 seconds
The Oven Method
One of the best ways to reheat a turkey burger is in an oven. It is also one of the easiest, and most effective way of heating the bun and the patty without removing its flavour. Also using the oven helps you enjoy your burger as if it’s fresh off the grill. When it comes to a fool-proof way of reheating a turkey burger, the oven is your best option. Follow these steps to reheat your burger in the microwave.
- Preheat your oven to a 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit,
- Put your turkey burger patty directly onto a metal rack and place over a baking pan to ensure that the excess fat does not drip all over your oven,
- Place your patty in the oven for about three minutes or so, depending on your oven, your patty should heat up in less than five minutes.
- After three minutes or so, lay your bun on the metal rack and flip your patty to the other side.
- Cook for an additional two minutes so that your bun becomes golden brown. You can toss your turkey burger bun into the oven during this step to give them a toasty finish as well.
- You can add your burger with veggies and other extras of your choice, and serve when ready.
Reheating Turkey Burger on the Stove
Using a large heavy skillet you can also heat up your turkey burger on the stove top. Follow these steps to heat up your turkey burger.
- Heat up a little bit of oil until it is nice and hot,
- You will need some oil with a high smoking point such as corn, peanut or canola or olive oil, so that it doesn’t burn and ruin your meal,
- Once your pan is hot, you can also add your turkey burger patties,
- Make sure you don’t crowd the pan and give your patties plenty of room to heat up,
- You can also add your fries to your pan,
When you are heating up your fries make sure that;
- Keep moving your fries around until they are crispy and golden on all sides,
- Allow your fries to rest on a few layers of paper towel until all of the excess oil has been drained,
- You can toss with your favourite seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder and serve when ready.
How To Reheat a Turkey Burger Patty
If all you want to do is warm up a burger patty, you can follow any of the methods mentioned above. If you are not concerned with reheating the bun, you can simply make use of the microwave for a quick reheat, or the oven, which is one of the best methods when it comes to reheat a turkey burger all the way through.
How to Reheat a Burger Bun
A cold burger bun can ruin a turkey burger but there are effective ways to heat up a burger bun. The oven is one of the best ways to heat up your bun. Simply follow these steps to have a warm bun for your meal.
- Preheat the oven to 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit,
- Wrap both halves of your bun in aluminium foil, ensuring that all sides are covered,
- Place your wrapped buns in the oven,
- Reheat your buns until warm, for about five minutes and serve when ready.