Brie is a very soft cheese that can be used in many dishes, and it can also be eaten by itself. Baked brie is a delicious starter that is normally served with fresh fruit, biscuits, and honey. Brie has a simple, delicate taste that accommodates the addition of other flavours well, plus it is commonly used for out-of-hand eating. It has a soft texture that melts easily. There are various ways of reheating brie but there are some things you should take into consideration such as moisture, to prevent drying, and gentle cooking, and this is best achieved with a low-temperature heating. A bit of water added when heating creates enough steam to envelop the brie while safely heating it up.
The Oven Method To Reheat Baked Brie
One of the most effective ways of warming up a baked brie is in the oven. This method is simple and it does not take a lot of time. It allows your baked brie to retain its rich taste. You will need aluminium foil, a wire rack, and a sheet pan. Follow these steps in order to warm up your baked brie.
- Heat up your oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit,
- Wrap the brie loosely in aluminium foil and place a sheet pan on a wire rack, then place the brie on top of it,
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of water in the sheet pan and place the brie in the oven,
- Heat the brie for about 10 minutes or until it is oozing,
- Your brie should be ready to serve in under 15 minutes
The Microwave Method To Reheat Baked Brie
Another effective way of reheating your baked brie is in the microwave. Simply follow these steps to reheat your baked brie.
- Cut the top rind off your brie and place it in the microwave,
- Turn your microwave to a high temperature for about 60 seconds,
- Depending on the ripeness of your cheese, it may take about 60 to 90 seconds on high to heat and melt.
- If your baked brie is not yet soft and hot after 1 minute, place it back in the microwave for another 30 seconds on high and ensure that you check if it is hot enough
Air Fryer Method
Another way in which you can reheat baked brie is to use the air fryer. Although this might sound weird, the air fryer can actually heat up the baked brie evenly. If you have an air fryer in your house here are some of the steps you should follow.
- Start by covering your baked brie with aluminum foil. This will help to ensure that it heats up evenly when placed in the air fryer. Furthermore, it prevents the baked brie from sticking to the bottom of the air fryer.
- Set your air fry to about 350F and set the timer to 6 minutes.
- Place your baked brie into basket of the air fryer. Close it and let the baked brie reheat for 6 minutes.
- When the baked brie is ready, remove it from the air fryer, unwrap it and enjoy.
The Stove Top Method
Another effective way to reheat baked brie is on the stove top. This is especially useful when you do not have an oven or a microwave. You can go about reheating your baked brie on the stovetop. It is also a quick method that should have you enjoying your meal in no time. You will require a non-stick pan or a regular pan, and your left over baked brie. With a cast iron pan and your baked brie you can easily warm up your baked brie. Simply follow these steps to reheat your baked brie on the stove top. This method will be more effective if you have a cast iron pan in the diameter of the wheel of your brie.
- Place your cast iron pan on the stove top and slowly heat the pan on low,
- Place the brie in it to heat.
- As it begins to melt, you can add a topping which can be heated separately; sweet or savoury, toasted nuts.
- Remove the baked brie from heat and serve in cast iron pan,
If you do not have a cast iron pan, you can make use of a small frying pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. You can then heat on low and invert a serving dish or plate over the top of the pan and flip your baked brie out. Peel off the parchment paper and your baked brie will be ready. Top and surround with heated accoutrements of your choice.
Toaster Oven Method
Although the toaster oven is a small kitchen appliance, it can actually be used to reheat baked brie. However, since the element of a toaster oven is closer than that of an oven, there is a chance that the baked brie will burn so you have to keep a close eye on the dish when reheating. Here are some of the steps you can follow when reheating baked brie in a toaster oven.
- Start by preheating your toaster oven to 350F.
- As the toaster oven preheats, take your baked brie and loosely wrap it with aluminum foil. This will help to ensure that the baked brie heats up evenly.
- Take a baking sheet and add a few tablespoons of water. This will help to create steam in the oven while the baked brie reheats.
- The next step is to take the loosely wrapped baked brie and place it directly into the pan and then pop it into the toaster oven.
- Allow the baked brie to reheat for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- When the baked brie is ready, gently unwrap it and serve whilst still hot.
The Best Way To Reheat Baked Brie
A rule of the thumb is to always reheat foods using the original kitchen appliance used to cook them. So in this case, the best way to reheat baked brie would be to use the oven. This is because it will evenly heat up the baked brie whilst also preserving its texture and flavor. Another reason why the oven is the most ideal appliance for reheating baked brie is because it produces a steady amount of heat as compared to other appliances. So if you have an oven, you should definitely reheat your baked brie using this appliance.
Tips For Reheating Baked Brie
- Always wrap your baked brie in aluminum foil before reheating it. This is because exposing baked brie directly to heat causes it to dry out which then prevents it from having that runny texture.
- Although the microwave can be used to reheat baked brie, you should try and avoid it. This is because the microwave produce intense heat quickly even if you turn the temperature down. Baked brie needs to be reheated slowly at low heat and this is why the microwave is a bad choice.
- Make sure your baked brie is stored correctly before you can even think of reheating it. This is because if baked brie is left exposed at room temperature for long hours it can become contaminated making it a hazard once reheated.
The Advantages and Disadvantages To Reheating up Baked Brie
Some of the advantages of reheating your baked brie include,
- Not having to waste and toss out extra cheese,
- You can create a simple make-ahead meal,
- The reheating process is incredibly simple,
- Your baked brie flavour will be just as good if you reheat them properly,
- You can enjoy your leftover baked brie or grab an on-the-go pre-made dish for any day and for any meal.
Some of the disadvantages of re-heating your baked brie include,
- Your baked brie can give you undesired results when not reheated properly,
- All types of food especially baked brie retain moisture so it is important to follow the correct procedures when reheating otherwise you may lose the texture of your baked brie after you reheat it,
The Best Way To Store Your Baked Brie
Unopened brie will last for 1 to 2 months in the fridge. Since this is a dairy product, you should pay attention to how you store your brie cheese. Additionally, take note of the ‘best by’ date on the packaging. You should store your baked brie in the fridge for about 3-4 days. Ensure that your cheese is tightly wrapped or sealed in an airtight container or bag. The key to storing your dairy properly is to make sure it is sealed tightly into whatever storage format you use. It is even better to use double-sealed Ziploc bags. Also, you can store your baked brie in the freezer for up to 4 months. It will maintain its taste if is eaten within 2 months.
In order to store your baked brie in the freezer, wrap it up tightly or place it into the freezer bags or in an airtight container. Keep in mind that freezing affects the flavour and the texture of baked brie. Since brie is a soft cheese variety with high water content, freezing and thawing may make the cheese softer and slightly crumbly. Also, If you freeze sliced brie without any protection, the pieces will get freezer burn and dry out. Take note that as for the flavour, the longer the cheese sits in the freezer, the more its flavour and texture deteriorate. So it is important to pay attention to how you store your baked brie.
Can Cooked Brie Be Reheated?
Yes, cooked brie can be reheated. All you have to do is to use either the stove, oven, air fryer or the toaster oven to reheat your cooked brie. The methods and steps are clearly indicated at the beginning of this article so you can always follow them.
Can You Reheat Baked Brie In Puff Pastry?
Yes you can reheat baked brie in puff pastry. All you have to do is to place the puff pastry into a hot oven and reheat it for about 20 minutes. It is important to note that, while reheating baked brie in puff pastry is possible, the texture of the puff pastry tends to get soggy. So if you do not mind a little sogginess on your puff pastry then you should definitely reheat your baked brie in puff pastry.
Can You Make Baked Brie The Day Before?
Yes you can definitely make baked brie the day before. All you have to do is to carefully follow the recipe and once you are done, allow the baked brie to cool down. When it has cooled down place it in an airtight container and then place it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to serve it, you can just reheat it using the oven and then serve whilst hot.
Do You Eat Baked Brie Hot Or Cold?
The best way to eat baked brie is when it is still hot. This is because the creamy texture of the cheese will still be runny and that is what makes it more appetizing. When baked brie is served cold, the cheese will not be runny and you won’t really enjoy the dish. So in future, always serve your baked brie whilst hot.
Can You Reheat Baked Brie In The Microwave?
Yes, you can reheat baked brie in the microwave however, there is a chance that it will lose its original texture. This is because the microwave is naturally designed to reheat foods faster using intense temperatures whereas, baked brie requires low temperatures and needs to be reheated slowly. So in most cases, baked brie that is reheated using a microwave usually loses its texture but, if you are someone who doesn’t really care about texture, then you can always use the microwave.
How Long Is Leftover Baked Brie Good For?
Leftover baked brie is good for about 3 to 4 days when stored in the refrigerator. When stored in the freezer it has a longer shelf life of about 1 to 2 months so make sure you consume it within that time frame.
Reheating baked brie is an easy task when you follow any of the methods indicated above. It worth noting that leftover baked brie should be stored the correct way especially if you intend on reheating it.