Making poached eggs might seem like a complicated task, well that’s because traditional recipes for poaching eggs used complicated instructions and methods. Luckily, with the invention of the silicone egg poacher, making poached eggs has been made easier especially if you are going to be using a microwave. The article below clearly indicates how you can use a silicone egg poacher in the microwave. The advantages of using this method are also indicated.
- 1 Silicone Egg Poacher Microwave Instructions
- 2 Benefits Of Using The Silicone Egg Poacher Microwave Instructions
- 3 Tips For Using Silicone Egg Poacher In Microwave
- 4 How Long Do You Cook Poached Eggs In Silicone Poacher?
- 5 Do Eggs Stick To Silicone?
- 6 What Are The Holes In Silicone Egg Poacher For?
- 7 Are Microwaved Poached Eggs Healthy?
- 8 Can You Put Silicone Molds In The Microwave?
- 9 Conclusion
Silicone Egg Poacher Microwave Instructions
The microwave is one of the easiest kitchen appliance to use. This is because you do not need to babysit food whilst it cooks or reheats since it has a timer. Furthermore, the microwave produces intense amounts of heat that cooks food quickly and easily. If you are going to be making your poached eggs using the microwave, you are certainly guaranteed that the eggs will be ready in less than 60 seconds. Below are a few instructions you need to follow carefully when poaching eggs in microwave.
When using a silicone egg poacher to poach an egg in a microwave, the first thing you need to do is to take a bowl that is filled with hot water. Take your silicone egg poacher and oil it so that the egg doesn’t stick to it.
Place the silicone egg poacher into the bowl and allow it to float. Crack an egg and then place it the silicone egg poacher. Make sure that there are no egg shells when you place the egg.
Prick the egg with a fork. This helps to prevent it from exploding during the cooking process. If you do not prick the egg there is a huge chance that it will explode in the microwave.
Pour about a tablespoon of water on top of the egg. This will helps to ensure that the egg whites cook evenly. If you do not place water inside, there is a chance that the egg whites will become runny and appear undercooked.
Close the egg poacher and bowl and then place them inside the microwave. Set the timer to 1 minute and let the eggs cook for a minute. However, it’s important to know that microwaves differ in terms of the amount of heat they produce. So if your egg is not ready after 60 seconds you should cook it for a few seconds until done.
Once the poached egg is ready, let it sit in the bowl for a few seconds. This helps to ensure that the egg whites cook perfectly. After a few seconds, remove the egg from the water and silicone poacher. Season it with salt and pepper before enjoying.
Benefits Of Using The Silicone Egg Poacher Microwave Instructions
- The instructions are easy to follow.
- Poached eggs made using silicone egg poacher in microwave are very tasty.
- The instructions highlight the easiest way of poaching an egg.
- It’s a mess free method that doesn’t require the use of too many utensils.
- Eliminates the use of ingredients like vinegar that were traditionally used to poach eggs.
Tips For Using Silicone Egg Poacher In Microwave
- Always remove any egg shells from your eggs before placing them in the microwave. This is because when you poach an egg that has egg shells in it, there is a risk that it will explode in the microwave.
- Always poke the egg yolk before microwaving it. This helps to ensure that it does not explode in the microwave.
- Always drain the water you use to poach your eggs. This is because poached eggs have the ability of absorbing this water and it can affect their texture.
- Always let your poached egg sit in the bowl of hot water for a few minutes after cooking. This helps to ensure that the eggs whites are fully cooked.
How Long Do You Cook Poached Eggs In Silicone Poacher?
If you are going to be cooking poached eggs in a silicone poacher in the microwave, the process can take you about 60 seconds. However, if you are going to be using the stove, the process might take a bit longer than 60 seconds. This is because the microwave is designed in such a way that it produces a lot of heat that can cook foods faster than any other kitchen appliance. So if you are someone who is looking to save time then the microwave would be the best kitchen appliance for you to use when poaching eggs,
Do Eggs Stick To Silicone?
No, eggs do not stick to silicone. This is one of the main reasons why the silicone egg poacher was invented. While many recipes for poaching eggs require one to oil the silicone poacher, this step is actually not necessary and can be easily skipped.
What Are The Holes In Silicone Egg Poacher For?
The holes that are in a silicone egg poacher are designed to allow the movement of water from the bowl onto the egg. They allow the water to cook the eggs without causing a terrible mess. So if you were wondering what those holes were for, you hope you were answered.
Are Microwaved Poached Eggs Healthy?
Yes, microwaved poached eggs are very healthy. This is because they do not contain any artificial ingredients. Furthermore, the process used to make them is completely safe. So if you were thinking of making poached eggs but were worried whether they are healthy we hope you have gotten the answer.
Can You Put Silicone Molds In The Microwave?
Most silicone molds are safe to put in the microwave. This is mainly because they are designed to be heat resistant. So if you have anything you want to cook, reheat or melt in the microwave you can always resort to using silicone molds.
The article above has highlighted the instructions of how you can use a silicone egg poacher in the microwave. We hope you find these instructions very helpful. Remember to follow the tips highlighted in order to get the prefect poached egg when using a microwave.