Fish pie, also known as fisherman’s pie, is a traditional British dish that is normally made from smoked whitefish, prawns, potatoes, cream or cheese sauce, and hard-boiled eggs. It is a delicious and hearty meal that you can make for an individual or family-size portions, and it makes a great filling dinner when served both fresh and leftover. There are a number of ways you can reheat a fish pie. You can toss it in the microwave, oven, a toaster. Below is a description of the various ways you can warm up your fish pie.
- 1 The Toaster Oven Method To Reheat Fish Pie
- 2 The Microwave Method
- 3 The Oven Method To Reheat Fish Pie
- 4 The Stove Method To Reheat Fish Pie
- 5 The Best Method For Reheating Fish Pie
- 6 Tips For Reheating Fish Pie
- 7 Advantages Of Reheating Fish Pie
- 8 Disadvantages Of Reheating Fish Pie
- 9 Guidelines To Follow Before Reheating Fish Pie
- 10 The Best Way To Store A Fish Pie
- 11 Can You Warm Up Fish Pie The Next Day?
- 12 Can You Reheat Fish Pie With Prawns In It?
- 13 How Often Can You Reheat Fish Pie?
- 14 How Long Will Fish Pie Last In The Fridge?
- 15 Can I Put A Warm Fish Pie In The Fridge?
- 16 Final Words
The Toaster Oven Method To Reheat Fish Pie
One of the most effective ways to reheat a fish pie is in the toaster oven. A toaster oven is not only effective but also a quick and simple method. All kinds of pies tends to reheat pretty well in the toaster oven. If you are a pro with the toaster oven, using this method to reheat your fish pie will be one of your best options. Simply Follow these steps.
- Preheat your toaster oven to 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. If your fish pie is room temperature, it will warm up quickly,
- Place your pie on a metal rack in the toaster oven and place a baking sheet underneath it,
- Heat up your fish pie for about three to four minutes,
- Be sure to check your fish pie and heat it for an additional two minutes if its not warm enough. You can increase the amount of time to warm up your pie. The time it takes for your pies to heat up will depend on their size and the number of your pies.
Pros And Cons Of Using The Toaster Oven
The toaster oven is a good kitchen appliance that you can use to reheat fish pie because it allows heat to evenly circulate around the entire dish. Furthermore, it’s one of the fastest kitchen appliances that can reheat fish pie. However, while the toaster oven is a good appliance for reheating fish pie, it tends to dry out the fish. Therefore, you should regularly monitor your fish pie while it is in the toaster oven so that it does not dry out.
The Microwave Method
Another effective way to reheat a fish pie is in the microwave. When reheating a fish pie in the microwave you should not just toss it the oven and leave. While that might work for certain meals, it will not produce desirable results. As mush as using the microwave to reheat your fish pie is just as effective there may be problems with the microwave, because the microwave can make your pies soggy. One effective way to reheat a pie in the microwave is by placing a glass with water inside the microwave to provide moisture to avoid your pie from getting soggy. This trick also works for pizza, chicken, burgers, and sandwiches. Follow these steps to reheat your fish pie in the microwave.
- Place your leftover fish pie on a microwave-safe plate or dish,
- Use the reheat setting to warm your pie for about two to four minutes, depending on the microwave.
- Turn your pie at the halfway point so that it heats up heat evenly.
- Check to see if your fish pie is warm enough, if not, reheat for another 30-60 seconds
Pros And Cons Of The Microwave Method
The microwave is known to reheat food quickly and easily and that is what makes it a good kitchen appliance for reheating fish pie. However, the only downside is that it tends to sacrifice the texture and flavor of the dish. Fish pie that is reheated with a microwave tends to turn watery and the fish usually becomes rubbery.
The Oven Method To Reheat Fish Pie
One of the best ways to reheat all kinds of meals including fish pies is in the oven. It is also one of the easiest, and most effective ways of heating your meals without removing their flavour. Also using the oven helps you enjoy your pies as if they are fresh. When it comes to a fool-proof way of reheating a pie, the oven is your best option. Follow these steps to reheat your fish pie in the microwave.
- Preheat your oven to a 350 to 400 degrees Fahrenheit,
- Put your fish pie directly onto a metal rack and place over a baking pan,
- Place your fish pie in the oven for about three minutes or so, depending on your oven, your pie should heat up in less than five minutes.
- After three minutes or so, lay your fish pie on the metal rack and flip your pie to the other side.
- Cook for an additional two minutes so that your pie warms up properly. You can leave your pie in the oven during this step to give it a toasty finish as well.
Pros And Cons Of The Oven Method
The oven method allows the fish pie to reheat evenly but the only problem is that it’s one of the most time consuming methods. Fish pie that is reheated using the oven method usually has a freshly baked texture and aroma.
The Stove Method To Reheat Fish Pie
The stove can also be used to reheat fish pie but you need to use a skillet or a non-stick pan so that the pie does not stick to the bottom and ultimately burn. Furthermore, you should use low heat so that it also doesn’t burn. Here are a few guidelines you can follow when reheating fish pie using a stove.
- Start by switching on the stove to low heat and then place the skillet on top of the stove.
- Smear a little bit of oil into the skillet. This will help to ensure that the fish pie does not stick to the bottom of the pan.
- When the skillet has heated up, you can then take your fish pie and place it inside the skillet.
- Add a bit of stock or water to the skillet and allow the fish pie to reheat for 4 to 5 minutes on the stove.
- Once it is ready, you can remove it from the skillet and serve.
Pros And Cons Of The Stove Method
The stove method has easy steps to follow but there is a chance that the fish pie might stick to the bottom of the pan.
The Best Method For Reheating Fish Pie
Reheating fish pie can be done using a number of kitchen appliances as noted above. However, the most recommended method is that of using an oven to reheat fish pie. This is because the oven regulates a steady amount of heat which is able to reheat the pie evenly. So if the oven is at your disposal you should consider using it to reheat your fish pie.
Tips For Reheating Fish Pie
- When you are ready to warm up your fish pie, you can do so either in the oven, toaster oven or the microwave.
- One advantage about heating up fish pie is that you don’t have to defrost frozen fish pie before reheating it.
- When reheating fish pie in the oven remove the plastic wrap and cover the fish pie with aluminium foil, baking at 350 degrees F for about 1 ½ hours.
- Remove the foil and turn up the heat to 400 degrees F, cooking for another half hour or so, until the top is golden brown.
- If you have time to defrost your frozen fish pie in the fridge before reheating, this will help in lowering your cooking time.
- To reheat a pre-cooked fish pie that has been thawed, bake it at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes, until it is entirely warmed through.
- If have frozen your fish pie in small, freezer-safe, and microwave-safe containers, popping it in the microwave is a quick way for warming it up.
Advantages Of Reheating Fish Pie
- It is a good way of saving leftover foods.
- It saves you time since you do not have to make another fish pie from scratch.
- When reheated the right way, the fish pie will taste just as good as a freshly made pie.
Disadvantages Of Reheating Fish Pie
- There is a chance that the fish pie will lose its original flavor and texture.
- There is a chance that the pie will burn if the steps are not followed correctly.
Guidelines To Follow Before Reheating Fish Pie
- Always thaw your fish pie before reheating it. This helps to ensure that it heats up evenly. Furthermore, it reduces the cooking time of the fish pie.
- You should thaw your fish pie in the refrigerator overnight or place it at room temperature so that it thaws faster.
- Choose the reheating method you want to use beforehand and stick to it. Trying to combine methods can leave you with an overcooked fish pie.
The Best Way To Store A Fish Pie
Fish pie lasts for a long period of time in the freezer than in the fridge, so proper packaging and freezing the leftovers will give you a delicious meal whenever the craving for fish pie hits.
- To freeze fish pie that has already been cooked, you must first allow your pie to chill completely, as it is never a good idea to freeze food while it is still hot.
- Immediately after it has been chilled, cover your dish with plastic a wrap and aluminium foil, or divide it into smaller dishes for quick and easy one-serving meals.
- Alternatively, you can freeze your fish pie in an airtight, freezer-safe containers.
- A fish pie that has already been cooked will last up to about 3 months in the freezer. Be careful not to freeze the boiled eggs, if you choose to include them, as they may become rubbery after freezing.
- It may also be a good idea to leave out the peas if you plan on freezing your fish pie, as refreezing food that has already been frozen is not always ideal.
Can You Warm Up Fish Pie The Next Day?
Yes, you can definitely warm up fish pie the next day. All you have to do is to place the fish pie in the refrigerator and then heat it up using either the oven, stove or the microwave. However, the oven is the most ideal kitchen appliance for reheating fish pie, so if you are looking for a perfectly warm pie, then the oven is your best bet.
Can You Reheat Fish Pie With Prawns In It?
Yes, you can most certainly reheat fish pie that has prawns in it. In order to reheat fish pie that has prawns in it make sure that you use any of the methods stated at the beginning of this article.
How Often Can You Reheat Fish Pie?
You should only reheat fish pie once. This is because continuous reheating can sacrifice its texture as well as flavor. So try by all means to reheat leftovers once and then consume them.
How Long Will Fish Pie Last In The Fridge?
Fish pie can last for 4 days when stored in the fridge. When storing fish pie make sure you place it in an air tight container. This will help to prevent bacteria from getting inside. You should also label the container with the date in which you are storing it in the fridge. This will help you gauge the time you are supposed to consume it. Avoid consuming fish pie that has stayed longer than 4 days in the fridge as there is a possibility that you will get sick.
Can I Put A Warm Fish Pie In The Fridge?
Unfortunately you cannot put a warm fish pie in the fridge. This is because it will cause the temperature of the fridge to rise thus affecting other foods in the fridge. So if you are going to be storing your fish pie in the fridge make sure it has completely cooled down before placing it in there.
Knowing how to reheat fish pie can save you the troubles of having to make a new one each time you are craving it. We hope this article has addressed most of your questions surrounding how to reheat fish pie.