Having leftover KFC is not something new, but while others choose to throw it away others choose to eat it the next day. Below we look at whether you should be eating leftover KFC the next day.
Can You Eat KFC The Next Day
Yes, you can most certainly eat KFC the next day. All you have to do is to make sure that you store your KFC in the refrigerator and then reheat it using either an oven, air fryer or a toaster oven. The reason why KFC needs to be reheated the following day is because when food is exposed to cold temperatures it becomes susceptible to bacteria. In order to get rid of the bacteria it is important to reheat the food and consume it whilst hot.
How To Reheat KFC The Next Day
NB: this is the best method to use when reheating KFC the next day. This is because it evenly heats the KFC without burning it.
When using the oven to reheat KFC, the first thing you need to do is to preheat the oven to 350F.
Whilst the oven is preheating, take a baking tray and then line it with tin foil or grease proof paper. Place a bit of olive oil into the baking tray. This will help to prevent the KFC from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Take your KFC chicken or fries and then line them in the baking tray. Make sure they are not overcrowded as this can prevent them from reheating evenly.
Place the baking tray that has your KFC in it into the oven and let it reheat for about 20 to 25 minutes.
After the estimated time frame, take a thermometer and check whether the KFC has reached an internal temperature of 165F. If it has, you can take it out and then serve. If it hasn’t you should continue reheating it.
Air Fryer Method
NB: this is also another easy way of reheating KFC, it will leave your chicken crispy on the outside and soft and moist in the inside.
When using the air fryer to reheat KFC, the first thing you need to do is to place your KFC pieces into the basket of an air fryer. Spray them with a bit of cooking oil, this helps to make sure that they remain crispy. Make sure that your KFC is not overcrowded in the air fryer basket.
Set the temperature of the air fryer to 320F and let the KFC reheat for 15 minutes.
After the 15 minute time mark, use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of your KFC. If it has reached 165 then it will be safe to eat.
Toaster Oven Method
NB: a toaster oven is smaller in size when compared to a regular oven so the KFC has a high risk of burning when left unattended.
Start by preheating the toaster oven to 350F.
Whilst the toaster oven is preheating take a baking sheet that is big enough to fit into the toaster oven. Line it with parchment paper and then sprinkle a bit of oil in order to prevent the KFC from sticking to the pan.
Place your KFC into the baking tray and then pop it into the toaster oven. Let the KFC heat up for about 15 minutes.
After the estimated time mark, remove your KFC from the toaster oven and use a thermometer to check its internal temperature. It should read 165F.
How To Store KFC To Eat The Next Day
The best way that you can store KFC that you intend on eating the next day is in the fridge. To do this you need to transfer your KFC into an airtight container and then place it in the refrigerator. When you are ready to eat it, simply take it out, reheat it and then enjoy.
Advantages Of Eating KFC The Next Day
- It is a good way of saving food. Instead of throwing away KFC you can just reheat it and enjoy.
- It saves you time, so instead of having to cook a new meal you can always reheat your leftover KFC the next day.
- When reheated the right way, KFC can retain its original texture and flavor.
Disadvantages Of Eating KFC The Next Day
- There is a chance that KFC will lose its crispiness when instructions are not followed carefully.
- People forget to check the internal temperature during reheating and in some cases they end up getting sick because the meat wasn’t properly reheated.
Tips For Reheating KFC
- Always ensure that you add a bit of oil to your KFC when reheating it. This helps to revive it so that it becomes crispy on the outside and moist on the inside.
- Always check the internal temperature of your KFC when reheating it. If it has an internal temperature that is below 165F you should continue reheating it. This is because there is a chance that bacteria will be on that meat. Bacteria usually affects meat that have an internal temperature that is below 165F and the only way to kill them is to reheat the food to 165F.
How Long Can You Eat Leftover KFC For?
The longest that you can eat leftover KFC is 4 days. After this the KFC would have turned bad. In order to ensure that your KFC lasts for 4 days, you should place it in the refrigerator. This will help to preserve its flavor.
Can I Reheat KFC Chicken In The Microwave?
Unfortunately, it is not recommended to reheat KFC chicken in the microwave. This is because the microwave will cause the chicken to lose its crispiness.
KFC can be reheated the next day as noted in this article. It is worth remembering that KFC needs to be stored the right way especially if you intend on reheating it the next day.